Comprehensive Plan 2030
Featured Stories and Archives
Forms, Applications & Docs
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing accessibility to all and provides for handicapped accessible parking in the city. For a map of accessible parking locations, Click Here To notify the city regarding accessibility concerns contact: Will Franke, Building Official, Phn: 904.825.1065, Fax: 904.209.4335, Email: email@example.com; or Todd Grant, Public Works Deputy Director, Phn: 904.825.1040, Fax: 904.209.4286, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write either of these contacts at City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing clean and safe drinking water. For the previous year's sampling results please click here. To notify the city regarding water treatment concerns contact: Patrick Timoney, Water Treatment Plant Supervisor, Phn: 904.825.1044, Fax: 904.823-2280, Email: email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org, or write the City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Following are the documents required to be included with a building permit application for new non-residential buildings and additions to non-residential buildings.
1. Completed Application for Building Permit.
2. Completed Application for Archeological Review.
3. Completed Application for Determination of Availability of Utilities.
4. Completed (2 sets) Energy Efficiency Forms (Obtained from the Florida Building Commission www.floridabuilding.org.)
5. A completed Product Approval List. (List is available at www.floridabuilding.org.)
6. Two complete sets of _" scale construction drawings signed and sealed by a licensed architect or engineer and including:
A. Site Plan (including parking, tree removal and landscaping plan, disabled access path of travel)
B. Grading & Drainage Plan
C. Foundation Plan
D. Floor Plan
E. Roof Framing Plan
F. Building Elevations (Four Sides)
G. Cross Sections
H. Structural Details
I. Electrical Plans signed by electrical engineer or licensed electrical contactor including load calcs, panel schedules, single line diagrams, (Fire alarm system are reviewed by Fire Marshal)
J. Lighting Plan (including fixture schedules).
K. Suspended Ceiling Plans
L. Mechanical Plan signed by mechanical engineer or licensed mechanical contractor (including duct layouts, location of AHU, HVAC).
M. Plumbing Plans signed by mechanical engineer or licensed plumbing contractor (including fixture schedules, piping layouts, isometrics DWV, water distribution, Fire sprinkler systems are reviewed by the Fire Marshal)
7. A separate set of plans including Site Plan, Floor Plan and Elevations for the County Tax Assessor.
8. If project is located with the St. Johns River Water Management District, review and Approval from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection must be obtained prior to submittal of building permit application.
9. If the project requires work to be done within the public right-of- way, a right-of-way permit must be obtained from the Department of Public Works.
10. If the project is located within a designated floodplain, an elevation certificate will be required.