City’s annual budget process intensifies with a series of city commission meetings
While work on the City of St. Augustine’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 budget has been ongoing for several months, in the coming weeks that work intensifies with several special meetings of the city commission resulting in a final budget being in place by the start of the fiscal year on October 1. The first of those meetings is on Monday, June 26 at 3:00pm.
Several of the special meetings regarding the budget will be held just prior to regular city commission meetings while others will be included as part of a regular meeting’s agenda. All meetings will be held in The Alcazar Room, City Hall, 75 King St., and are planned to be available for live and on-demand viewing via www.CityStAugTV.com.
Meetings by the commission related to the budget preparation are:
- Monday, June 26, 3:00pm: Discussion of the 2018 budget assumptions with a focus on revenues.
- Monday, July 10, 5:00pm: Adoption of the proposed milliage rate and other budget-related resolutions if needed.
- Thursday, August 10, 2:00pm: Additional discussion of the 2018 budget assumptions and the five-year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Monday, August 14, 5:00pm: Public hearing on budget-related resolutions as necessary.
- Thursday, August 24, 9:00am: Presentation of and discussion of the proposed budget and action items.
- Friday, August 25, 9:00am: Discussion and approval of proposed budget and action items.
- Monday, September 11, 5:05pm: Initial public hearing for the tentative budget and millage rate adoption.
- Thursday, September 21, 5:05pm: Final public hearing for the tentative budget and millage rate adoption.
- Thursday, October 1: Budget for fiscal year 2018 is implemented.
For more information about the budget process, contact Meredith Breidenstein, Director of Budget and Performance, at 904.825.1006.