Comprehensive Plan 2030
Featured Stories and Archives
Forms, Applications & Docs
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing accessibility to all and provides for handicapped accessible parking in the city. For a map of accessible parking locations, Click Here To notify the city regarding accessibility concerns contact: Will Franke, Building Official, Phn: 904.825.1065, Fax: 904.209.4335, Email: email@example.com; or Todd Grant, Public Works Deputy Director, Phn: 904.825.1040, Fax: 904.209.4286, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write either of these contacts at City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing clean and safe drinking water. For the previous year's sampling results please click here. To notify the city regarding water treatment concerns contact: Patrick Timoney, Water Treatment Plant Supervisor, Phn: 904.825.1044, Fax: 904.823-2280, Email: email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org, or write the City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Located at the corner of San Carlos and San Marco Ave., the park has a restored antique carousel which operates seven days a week. The playground area, Kourtney's Korner, is fully handicap accessible with both open and closed slides, monkey bars and other exercise and fun equipment. The entire park is fully enclosed and picnic tables are available.
Hamilton Upchurch Neighborhood Park
Located on Red Cox Dr. and Anastasia Blvd., Hamilton Upchurch Neighborhood Park has a picnic area, a fitness trail, playground equipment, nature overlook and a beginner inline and skateboarding area. Parents of children under the age of 17 must sign a consent waiver which can be found at the city's Web site under Forms and Application or by clicking here. The forms can also be obtained by visiting the City's Financial Services Center at 50 Bridge St. during business hours or the Surf Station, 1020 Anastasia Blvd.
Fullerwood Neighborhood Park
Located at the corner of Bannan St. and Hildreth Drive, Fullerwood Park was completed in the summer of 2007. The park has a basketball court, swings, a slide, monkey bars, teeter-totter or see-saw, a merry-go-round and bike rack.
The Eddie Vickers Park and the
Willie Galimore Recreation Center
The is located at 399 S. Riberia St. The Eddie Vickers Park has a basketball court, baseball diamond and picnic area. Meeting rooms are available at the center by calling 904.209.4325. The park also has a fully equipped playground area with swings, a slide and monkey bars.
Lighthouse Park and the
J. Edward "Red" Cox Recreation Facility
Lighthouse Park is located adjacent to Salt Run with the St. Augustine Lighthouse standing as the landmark for the area. The park has picnic tables under shaded scrub oaks. The J. Edward "Red" Cox Recreational Facility area has an eagle's nest dome, swings, monkey bars, and tennis courts. A boat ramp and public parking is located in the park area. The ramp is located on Salt Run. Public restrooms are available.
Nelmar Terrace Park
Thanks in part to many individuals and groups in the neighborhood, a previous city right-of-way which ends at Hospital Creek is now a pocket park with a scenic vista for the Nelmar Terrace neighborhood.
The pocket park was a vision of the Nelmar Terrace Neighborhood Association in 2007 when the association applied for and received a neighborhood grant in the amount of $2,000 from the City of St. Augustine. Individuals from the association and Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind contributed time and further funding for the walkway which leads to the Hospital Creek scenic vista and flower beds located on the south side of the passive park. To read more about the park, click here.
Dedicated in 1938, Oglethorpe Park which is located at the intersection of Oglethorpe, Arredondo and Alcazar streets is a passive oak shaded park with benches and a bike rack. For more information on the history of Oglethorpe Park written by Dr. Susan R. Parker, click here.
Located at 1600 Masters Drive, Joe Pomar, Jr. Park has a baseball diamond, football field, soccer field, a dog park and kayak launch. This is the only park in the city limits with a dog park and a kayak launch. The launch is located at a small creek which enters into the San Sebastian River, just south of the State Road 16 bridge. A pavilion is located at the entrance to the launching site. Improvements added in 2009 are restrooms, a concession stand for the baseball and football field, a picnic area and a road which winds close to the river which ends in a cu-de-sac.
Located at Francis Field, immediately across from the Historic Downtown Parking Facility, SWING is an acronym for St. Augustine's Wish for Its Next Generation and was a community project built in 1997. The 23,000 square foot playground area has slides, swings, parallel bar, wooden forts and towers, tire swings and various interactive play/exercise equipment. A pavilion is located at SWING within the enclosed area.
Dedicated in honor of Henry and Kat Twine, the passive park is located at the corner of Riberia and Lovett streets. The park offers benches and shade for the Lincolnville neighborhood.
Please note: All citywide parks are inspected regularly and maintained twice weekly by city staff. The City of St. Augustine has agreements with St. Johns County for staffing and maintenance at some sites. Reservations are not taken and all park sites are occupied on a first come, first serve basis.