Water and Sewer Service

How do I apply for new water and sewer service or transfer existing service to my name?
Contact the Financial Services Center (FSC,) 50 Bridge St. or call 904.825.1037. Click here to open application or call to have faxed.

Does the city require a utility deposit?
If your Credit Score is 650 or higher the deposit will be waived or if you are an existing customer with no disconnects or returned checks, the deposit can be waived. Also, a letter of credit from another utility stating the applicant is in good standing with no disconnects, the deposit will be waived on a single family residence.

For all others accounts including commercial accounts, a deposit is required.  For the amount, contact the FSC at the above telephone number.

When will my utility deposit be returned?
After two years if account has had no disconnects or returned checks, the deposit with interest is applied on the account.

What should I do to have my utility service disconnected?
Contact the FSC at 904.825.1037.

How do I transfer my utility service from one location to another location?
If the new address is also serviced by the city, click here for the application or FSC can fax the application.

Can I pay my bill on-line?

Yes, click here to go to the Making Payments Web site. Please note that there is a convenience charge associated with the payment.

What is the Care and Share Program and how do I contribute?
The Care and Share Committee oversees funds to help cover the costs of water and sewer service for those in need. Program funds come from utility customers who request a small amount be added to their bills each month. Those donations are deposited into a special account used only to assist others who need help paying their water bill. For more information click here.  Also on the stub part of the bill there are 'check boxes' if you would like to make a monthly donation.

Who services the City of St. Augustine for power needs?
The city and surrounding areas is serviced by Florida Power and Light. For information on connections or changes in service, call 1.800.226.3545 or go to www.fpl.com. All requests for electric service must go to FPL.

<Go Back