Comprehensive Plan 2030
Featured Stories and Archives
Forms, Applications & Docs
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing accessibility to all and provides for handicapped accessible parking in the city. For a map of accessible parking locations, Click Here To notify the city regarding accessibility concerns contact: Will Franke, Building Official, Phn: 904.825.1065, Fax: 904.209.4335, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Todd Grant, Public Works Deputy Director, Phn: 904.825.1040, Fax: 904.209.4286, Email: email@example.com. You may also write either of these contacts at City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing clean and safe drinking water. For the previous year's sampling results please click here. To notify the city regarding water treatment concerns contact: Patrick Timoney, Water Treatment Plant Supervisor, Phn: 904.825.1044, Fax: 904.823-2280, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com, or write the City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Albert Manucy was the authoritative scholar on St. Augustine history and architecture. Through his role with the National Park Service, he studied the Castillo de San Marcos in more detail than has been accomplished before or since. He devoted sixty years to professional research and documentation to provide a better understanding of St. Augustine.
Manucy was born and grew up in downtown St. Augustine where he developed a keen interest in colonial construction and architecture. "After graduating with a master’s degree from the University of Florida in 1934, Manucy went to work for the National Park Service, first on WPA projects and later on the permanent payroll. His career with the park service as one of its few, at the time, historians took him all over the United States, South American and Europe. He was in charge of researching the Castillo, including the edifice itself to the furniture and artillery inside to the Cubo Line outside."
He published his first book, The Houses of St. Augustine, 1566-1821, and, with a leave of absence, explored Spanish architecture on a Fulbright scholarship. In 1966 he became curator for the Southeast Regional Office of the Park Service. Following retirement, he continued his research on St. Augustine and, in 1997, published Sixteenth Century St. Augustine: The People and Their Homes.
One of Manucy’s greatest discoveries is the fact that the town of St. Augustine was actually situated on Anastasia Island from 1566 to 1572, not on the mainland near today’s downtown. His theory was later confirmed by historians studying his work.
1 South Castillo Drive
Web site for the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument