Comprehensive Plan 2030
Featured Stories and Archives
Forms, Applications & Docs
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing accessibility to all and provides for handicapped accessible parking in the city. For a map of accessible parking locations, Click Here To notify the city regarding accessibility concerns contact: Will Franke, Building Official, Phn: 904.825.1065, Fax: 904.209.4335, Email: email@example.com; or Todd Grant, Public Works Deputy Director, Phn: 904.825.1040, Fax: 904.209.4286, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write either of these contacts at City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing clean and safe drinking water. For the previous year's sampling results please click here. To notify the city regarding water treatment concerns contact: Patrick Timoney, Water Treatment Plant Supervisor, Phn: 904.825.1044, Fax: 904.823-2280, Email: email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org, or write the City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Dr. Andrew Anderson, Jr. was born in St. Augustine in 1839 a few months before his father died of yellow fever. As a youth, he was educated in the North and traveled extensively in Europe. He received his medical degree from Princeton University in 1865 and in 1874 was one of fourteen physicians to form the Florida Medical Association.
Anderson became a very close friend of Henry Flagler and in 1888, supervised construction of the latter’s two grand hotels, the Ponce de Leon and the Alcazar. Much of the Flagler property in downtown St. Augustine was purchased from Dr. Anderson.
The contributions of Dr. Anderson Jr. to the economic and cultural development of St. Augustine in the later part of the 19th and early part of the 20th centuries can hardly be overestimated. He stands with Henry Flagler, whose friend and advisor he was, in imparting to the city its aura of elegance and charm which made it a mecca for tourists from many parts of the world. Probably Anderson’s most notable contributions to the city are the Carrera marble lions which guard the approach to the bridge from downtown across the Matanzas Inlet to Anastasia Island—now known as the Bridge of Lions. Dr. Anderson was a significant philanthropist, donating to Flagler Hospital, The Memorial Presbyterian Church and the University of Florida.
Markland, 102 King Street on the campus of Flagler College
Web site for Flagler College