Comprehensive Plan 2030
Featured Stories and Archives
Forms, Applications & Docs
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing accessibility to all and provides for handicapped accessible parking in the city. For a map of accessible parking locations, Click Here To notify the city regarding accessibility concerns contact Todd Grant, Public Works Deputy Director, Phn: 904.825.1040, Fax: 904.209.4286, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing clean and safe drinking water. For the previous year's sampling results please click here. To notify the city regarding water treatment concerns contact: Patrick Timoney, Water Treatment Plant Supervisor, Phn: 904.825.1044, Fax: 904.823-2280, Email: email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org, or write the City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
F. Charles Usina was a State Representative for 11 terms from 1943 until 1966. He served as a member of almost every important Committee in the House of Representatives and was especially noted for his work on the Public Health Committees at that time. In a June 28, 1966 Resolution of the Democratic Caucus of Nominees for the Florida State Senate presented to Representative Usina’s widow it was noted that he was memorialized as the "conscience of the House of Representatives" and "a man of unquestioned integrity and devotion to his family and church, a good companion to his friends and fellow members of the Legislature… and an inspiration to those who follow in his footsteps."
Representative Usina was born and educated in St. Augustine. He was co-owner of the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. He was a Past President and Lt. Governor of the Kiwanis, Past President of the Chamber of Commerce and the Past Deputy Grand Knight of the Knights of Columbus. He was also a member of the Elks Club, the Loyal Order of Moose, the St. Augustine Historical Society and the Committee of 100.
He was a champion of the State Mental Health program and was responsible for important legislation for the State School for the Deaf and Blind in St. Augustine. He was a member of the Board of Trustees for the School. The school has on campus the F. Charles Usina Memorial Stadium to honor his dedication and contribution.
The Usina name is one that has been in St. Augustine for over 200 years, coming from the Isle of Minorca by way of New Smyrna in 1778. The names of those Minorcans are enshrined on a monument to commemorate that event in the courtyard adjacent to the Basilica-Cathedral of St. Augustine in downtown St. Augustine.
F. Charles Usina Athletic Field , Florida School for the Deaf and Blind, 207 N. San Marco Ave.
Web site for the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind