Comprehensive Plan 2030
Featured Stories and Archives
Forms, Applications & Docs
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing accessibility to all and provides for handicapped accessible parking in the city. For a map of accessible parking locations, Click Here To notify the city regarding accessibility concerns contact Todd Grant, Public Works Deputy Director, Phn: 904.825.1040, Fax: 904.209.4286, Email: email@example.com. You may also write City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing clean and safe drinking water. For the previous year's sampling results please click here. To notify the city regarding water treatment concerns contact: Patrick Timoney, Water Treatment Plant Supervisor, Phn: 904.825.1044, Fax: 904.823-2280, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com, or write the City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Francisco Pellicer was born in Minorca around 1747. His parents were Antonio Pellicer and Juana Sintes, of the parish of Leon in Minorca. He was near twenty-one years of age when he left Minorca and landed in New Smyrna, Florida as a member of the Turnbull Colony.
Francisco married Margarita Femanias and two of their children were born in the colony. The other children were born in St. Augustine after the colony relocated.
After entering into partnership on some property, Francisco and Jose Pesco de Burgo bought a lot on St. George St. where they built a house. Margarita died around 1783. He then married Juana Villa and had nine children, fourteen total.
Pellicer was one of a dozen carpenters in St. Augustine. Although Francisco was not an educated man, he was very skilled and prospered. He later bought land on the present day Orange Street and sold his house on St. George Street.
Later Pellicer moved his family to a larger farm he had acquired south of St. Augustine on the bank of the Matanzas River. Today the creek he lived on and the surrounding area bear his name, Pellicer Creek. The house on St. George Street has been reconstructed and his name is inscribed there.
Francisco Pellicer was a leader of his fellow Minorcans. Almost 200 years would pass and a descendent of his would also be noted as a leader of the Minorcans and would lead them in St. Augustine.
Pellicer House, 53 St. George Street, part of the Spanish Quarter Museum
Web site for the Spanish Quarter Museum