Comprehensive Plan 2030
Featured Stories and Archives
Forms, Applications & Docs
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing accessibility to all and provides for handicapped accessible parking in the city. For a map of accessible parking locations, Click Here To notify the city regarding accessibility concerns contact Todd Grant, Public Works Deputy Director, Phn: 904.825.1040, Fax: 904.209.4286, Email: email@example.com. You may also write City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of St. Augustine remains committed to providing clean and safe drinking water. For the previous year's sampling results please click here. To notify the city regarding water treatment concerns contact: Patrick Timoney, Water Treatment Plant Supervisor, Phn: 904.825.1044, Fax: 904.823-2280, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com, or write the City of St. Augustine, P.O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210.
Xavier Lopez Pellicer was born in St. Augustine on February 8, 1900, one of nine children of Andrew Joseph and Josephine Lopez Pellicer. During the early part of his life, the family lived in Hastings where his father had a farm. The family returned to live in St. Augustine in 1908.
Through Mr. Pellicer’s efforts, the Minorcans of St. Augustine are now being recognized as one of the oldest cultures to settle in St. Augustine and remain here today. Over 10% of the St. Augustine residents are of Minorcan descent.
Mr. Pellicer met Fernando Rubio of Mahon, Minorca during the restoration of the Ilambias House. Together they were responsible for the donation of a bronze statue commemorating the Minorcans. Today the statue stands in the courtyard of the Cathedral Basilica. The statue depicts Father Pedro Camps, the priest who ministered to the Minorcans. The Minorcan family names are located on the base of the statue.
Pellicer founded the first Catholic Boy Scout Troop in the south in 1921. It was first known as Troop 3, is now known as Troop 63 and is still in existence. He graduated from St. Joseph Academy and attended the Rutgers School of Banking. He went to work for St. Augustine National Bank in 1919 and worked his way up from Assistant Cashier to Senior Vice-President by the time he retired in 1966.
During his lifetime he served as president of the Rotary Club; the Grand Knight of Council 611 of the Knights of Columbus; president of the American Red Cross; member and chairman of the St. Augustine Airport Authority; president of the Board of Trustees of Flagler Hospital and trustee for 40 years; a member of the St. Johns County Timber Growers Association; president and long time director of the St. Augustine Historical Society; president of the Florida Bankers Association and president of the Florida Forestry Association. He also served for seven years as a national director of the American Forestry Association. He served as a gubernatorial appointment for three years on the Florida Board of Forestry and Parks during the term of Governor Millard Caldwell, 1948-1951. Under Governor Spessard Holland, he served on the State Library Board.
Llambias House, 31 St. Francis Street
Website for the Llambias House