The City of St. Augustine recently renovated the dock adjacent to the boat ramp at Lighthouse Park.
The dock, thought to be originally built after World War II in the late 1940's to the early 1950’s, was renovated in 1988. At that time the dock was 53’ long.
Thanks to the St. Augustine Port, Waterway and Beach District (District) along with the Florida Inland Navigational District (FIND), boaters have a new 100’ floating dock. Included in the project was the dredging of the boat ramp and around the new floating dock.
The entire project which cost more than $190,000 was fully funded by the District and FIND.
This new dock joins other improvements to Lighthouse Park area which includes picnic tables under windswept scrub oaks, a playground including a climbing eagle’s nest, tennis courts, a fishing pier, public restrooms and a community center managed by the St. Augustine Yacht Club.
The park is located on Salt Run just east of the St. Augustine Lighthouse.