The City of St. Augustine has developed a traffic management plan to minimize the impact on adjacent neighborhoods during the Ancient City Crawfish Boil. The event, produced by the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department and its Cultural Events Division, will be held at Francis Field on Friday May 8 (3pm-10pm) and Saturday, May 9 (2pm-10pm).
For information about the event visit www.ancientcitycrawfishboil.com.
Traffic Management Plan
Starting at NOON on Friday and Saturday (May 8 and 9):
• Access to Grove Ave., East Ln., and Rohde Ave. will be prohibited from Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1) and San Marco Ave.
• Access to Cincinnati Ave. will be prohibited from Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1) but will be allowed at San Marco Ave.
• Access to Shenandoah St., Joiner St., Mulberry St. and Locust St. will be prohibited from San Marco Ave.
• Access to Pine St. will be allowed.
• Cordova St. north of Orange St. will be closed to through-traffic starting at noon both days.
• W. Castillo Dr. will be closed to east-bound traffic when the Historic Downtown Parking Facility has reached capacity.
The St. Augustine Police Department will work diligently to minimize inconvenience to area residents and traffic not related to the event. Law enforcement personnel will be present on San Marco Ave. at Pine St. and Cincinnati St. and will monitor barricades in other areas throughout the event. Barricades will be removed at approximately midnight.
For more information, contact the Department of Public Affairs at 904.825.1004.